Lány (Kladno District)
Lány, formerly also Lahna (German Lana) is a village in the Central Bohemian Region about 20 km west of Prague and 5 km southeast of Nový Strašecí. Approximately 2,300 inhabitants live here.
Parts of the village
The first written record of Lány dates back to 1392, when the knight Hassko de Lan (Hasek of Lán) is mentioned in his erection books.
The Lánský chateau was used as its summer residence by President T. G. Masaryk between 1921 and 1937. In 2009, the village took second place in the national round of the Village of the Year competition.
The history of territorial integration covers the period from 1850 to the present. The chronological overview shows the territorial administrative affiliation of the municipality in the year when the change took place:
1850 Czech land, region Prague, political district Rakovník, court district Nové Strašecí
1855 Czech land, region Prague, court district Nové Strašecí
1868 Czech lands, political district Slaný, court district Nové Strašecí
1937 Czech lands, political district Slaný branch Nové Strašecí, court district Nové Strašecí
1939 Czech lands, Oberlandrat Kladno, political district Slaný branch Nové Strašecí, court district Nové Strašecí
1942 Czech lands, Oberlandrat Prague, political district Slaný branch Nové Strašecí, court district Nové Strašecí
1945 Czech land, administrative district Slaný branch Nové Strašecí, court district Nové Strašecí
1949 Prague region, Nové Strašecí district
1960 Central Bohemian Region, Rakovník District
Central Bohemian Region, Kladno District
The following trades and shops were registered in 1932 in the village of Lány (Vašírov, 1578 inhabitants, post office, telegraph office, telephone office, gendarmerie station, Catholic church, volunteer fire brigade): doctor, car shop, confectioner, upholsterer , cattle shop, Anglicko-české kamenouhelné as mine, 3 wood shops, power plant, haberdashery, 3 barbers, 6 inns, hotel, mining engineer, 2 bandleaders, plumber, wheelwright, consumption Bee, blacksmith, tailor, painter, 2 bars spirits, painter academic painter, 5 shoemakers, baker, 2 roofers, 2 midwives, carter, 2 butchers, saddler, 4 general store, savings and reserve association for Lány, cut goods store, 3 seamstresses, 3 newsagents, 2 carpenters, state farm, trade in land crops.
presidential summer residence Lány chateau with a chateau park and an extensive Lány game reserve
grave of the first Czechoslovak of President T. G. Masaryk and his wife Charlotte in the local cemetery (also son Jan and daughter Alice)
T. G. Masaryk Museum (branch of the T. G. M. Rakovník Museum)
Equestrian statue of T. G. Masaryk by Petr Novák from 2010
Sports car museum
Rope horse-drawn carriage, remains
The Klíčava reservoir is largely in the game reserve
Jivno ruins in the field
Old chateau - small remains of the little-known Sobín castle at the edge of a wooded slope above Vašírov
Lánské railway station in 1960 renamed Stochov
Údolí Klíčavy nature reserve
Villa of painter Horník designed by Dušan Jurkovič (František Horník-Lánský 1898-1955, Jiří Horník 1916-1961)
Natural swimming pool from 1939 Every year on the occasion of the anniversary of the birth (March 7) and death (September 14) of President TG Masaryk, a reverential act is held at the Lánské cemetery with the laying of wreaths by the President, the President of the Senate, other state bodies and democratic organizations , Sokol, Scout, Confederation of Political Prisoners, Czechoslovak Legionary Community, Czechoslovak Union of Freedom Fighters, etc.) and music and members of the castle guard, with the participation of the public.
The T. G. Masaryk Museum in Lány (in the former castle granary) is also open on these days with free admission.