Anfield Stadion


May 19, 2022

Anfield Stadium is a football stadium in Liverpool's Anfield district. It is briefly referred to as “Anfield”. This stadium is 4 star according to UEFA rating and is also home to Liverpool FC. It was originally the course of Everton FC. The stadium is well known for Kop on the southwest side of the pitch and the atmosphere the fans create during the matches. It is a common mistake in Hungary to call Liverpool's home Anfield Road, assuming the stadium does not have its own name and is referred to as Anfield because of the name of the public area, but this is flawed as the facility was christened Anfield in honor of its district . Furthermore, the common pronunciation of “enfild” is also wrong, as it is referred to as “anfild” in local parlance.

Stadium Attractions

The two most successful managers in the club’s history are honored by the famous Anfield Gates. Shankly Gate is reminiscent of the legendary Bill Shankly, who elevated Liverpool to England's dominant team during his reign from 1959 to 1974, while Paisley Gate commemorates his successor, Bob Paisley, who has been in charge for nine years. during which the Reds won six championship titles and three BEK trophies. Above Shankly Gate you can read the chorus of Gerry & The Pacemakers' famous hit "You'll Never Walk Alone". (It made people happy) caption announces the impact its activities have had on Liverpool fans. Inside the facility, above the player exit, there is a poster with the inscription "This is Anfield," which was even placed here by Scottish legend, according to him, to "remind our sons who to play for - and remind our opponents that "Another attraction is the Boot Room, an old shoe workshop where Shankly set up his headquarters, the coaching staff gathered around him prepared for the next match, worked out the tactics, put together the starting team, and has been inherited here for decades. until the arrival of Gerard Houllier. The French specialist permanently closed the Boot Room in 1998, ending a long tradition in the life of the club. [1] [2] Domestic and guest printers regularly leave scarves, candles, flowers at the Hillsborough Memorial, putting their mercy on the 96 Liverpool fans who died in the Hillsborough tragedy.

History and stands

Examining the history of Anfield, we have to go back to 1884, when it first opened in September for Everton fans to watch their team’s matches here. The grassland was bought by the association’s patron, John Houlding, the city’s later mayor, from a local brewer, John Orrell, with the aim of raising stands, and he wanted to fund the costs by raising rents, but that’s why Everton executives were leaving. it was decided that in 1892 Houlding had only one stadium without a team. Houlding acted quickly, registered his new association in London, Liverpool FC, and moved back to Anfield with his players imported from Scotland under the direction of manager John McKenna. The Main Stand was first built in 1895, with a special wooden frame gable that was a defining attraction in English football until its demolition in the early 1970s.

Spion Kop

The famous Kop was originally called Oakfield Road Embankment and then Walton Breck Bank.