The Buziásfürdő Park was established in 1815 in the northern part of the city to provide a pleasant, relaxing environment for visitors coming for medical treatment. It was built on a large scale in the second half of the 19th century. The park housed baths, wells, and other facilities; and around the park are the villas where the bath guests occupied. It was neglected in the late 20th century, with most buildings destroyed. Renovation of some facilities began at the beginning of the 21st century.
The park and its surroundings are registered as monuments of national importance; it is included in the list of monuments in Romania under the number TM-II-a-A-06191.
The healing effect of the mineral waters of Buzias was scientifically proven in 1811, and the first bath guests appeared the following year. Construction of the park began in 1815; In 1816, the first facilities of the park were built, the resources were built. In the 1850s, the first hostels, villas, and the spa were erected; arranged and expanded the park. In the following decades, bathhouses, swimming pools, and a Byzantine-style covered walkway (colonnade), considered an attraction of the park, were built, which allowed walking in the park even in rainy weather. At the beginning of the 20th century, the water of a high-yielding spring was filled with an artificial lake that could be used for boating, but was later drained. Greenhouses have also been set up to grow exotic plants.
At the end of the 20th century, as a result of a shortage of economy and then disorderly ownership, the park and its surroundings were destroyed, most of the old facilities became extinct, drinking fountains clogged, and a place full of ruined buildings and stray dogs took on a disgusting look. At the beginning of the 21st century, slow development began: the operating base and some hotels were modernized, the mineral water pool was reopened, and the covered walkway was repaired and renovated.
27-hectare park in the city center (still in the north in the 19th century). It is bordered on the south by Strada Principală and on the north by Trefort Street (Strada Avram Iancu). To the north-south it is divided by Király utca (Strada Florilor). In the park you can find coniferous (pine, fir, thuja) and deciduous (sycamore, linden, maple, birch, willow) trees, and among the flowers are typical tulips, gladiolus, primrose, peony, carnation, hyacinth. The sycamore seen near the Joseph Spring was planted in 1821.
The park does not have an established and / or official name.
The best-known facility in the park is the 512-meter-long Byzantine-style covered promenade (column), built between 1856 and 1875 according to the plans of Vilmos Stammer. The promenade connected the cold bath, the spa, the Bazaar Hotel and the springs of József, Mihály and later St. Anthony, allowing walking even in rainy weather. It was renovated in 2016-2017 in its old splendor. According to some sources, Francis Joseph built the covered walkway for his wife, Sisi, but it is an urban legend.
The cold or mirror bath was established in 1853 in the western part of the park. It was rebuilt in 1867 and equipped with modern equipment. It is currently in ruins.
The hot or steel bath opened in 1856 in the eastern part of the park; the mineral water was heated with Czernicki calorizers. There was also sludge treatment here; with the warm water, franzensbad sludge was dissolved and then wraps were made. It is currently in ruins.
The spa (Kursalon) or casino opened in 1856 and also had a restaurant and café.
In 1874, the first mineral water pool in Europe opened here.
Five springs were built in 1816, and by the 1870s their number was already eight. THE