January 27, 2022
Tisza Volán Közlekedési és Szolgáltató Zrt. (Commonly known as Tisza Volán) is a closed Hungarian transport company that provided local and intercity bus transport in Csongrád county. Its headquarters were in Szeged, on the Bakay Nándor Street site. Its legal predecessor was established on October 1, 1950 under the name of the Szeged Freight Transport Company, at which time it carried out freight transport in Békés and Csongrád counties. During the decade, the company split in two, eventually managing only the traffic of Csongrád County as the No. 42 Car Transport Company, and No. 10 from 1961. During 1963, it also took over the operation of the local bus services in Szeged from the SZKT. The establishment of a new site at the county seat began, which was inaugurated in 1968. By the following year, all the settlements in the county had been connected to public transport. In 1970, the company took the name of Volán Company No. 10. The company has been engaged in freight transportation nationwide this decade, and even employees have been assisting on various construction sites abroad. In 1984, it was renamed Tisza Volán, and in the 1980s, the company was awarded several diplomas. At the beginning of 1993, it became fully state-owned, and from then on it continued to operate under the name Tisza Volán Transport and Service Company. At the turn of the millennium, the purchase of the first low-floor buses began in Szeged. In December 2005, it was renamed Tisza Volán Transport and Service Private Limited Company. By the beginning of 2010, the company had developed a satellite vehicle tracking GPS-GPRS system, renovated several bus stations and sites, and renewed its fleet. On January 1, 2015, it melted into the Southern Great Plain Transport Center (DAKK Zrt.).