Mongolian ethnicity

Article

August 8, 2022

Mongolic peoples is a general term for peoples whose mother tongue is a Mongolian language. The main residential area is the Mongolian Plateau (an area that roughly corresponds to the current Mongolia and the Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region of the People's Republic of China) combined with the area from Lake Baikal to Xinganling and the area from Lake Baikal to the Altai Mountains ( Central Eurasia). A rough breakdown of the population is 2 million in Mongolia, 4 million in China's Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, and 200,000 in Buryatia, Russia. In detail, 95% (approximately 2.41 million) of the population of approximately 2,533,100 in Mongolia are Mongolians (2004 Statistical Yearbook), and approximately 10 million people in China (approximately 4-500 in the Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region). 10,000, and there are about 5 to 6 million Mongolians in the rest of China.

Current Mongolian People

Mongolian race: People who live in the region centered on Mongolia and the Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region of China, and speak Mongolian. Khalha…80% of the population of Mongolia. Chahal: Lives in the Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region of China. called Mongols. The Daur people live in the eastern part of China's Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region and Tacheng County in the Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region, and speak the Daur language. Buryatians: People who live in and around the Republic of Buryatia in the Russian Federation and speak the Buryat language. Tongshan tribe: Lives in the Dongxiang Autonomous Prefecture, Linxia Hui Autonomous Prefecture, Gansu Province, China, and speaks the Tongshan language (Santa language). Bao'an People: They live in Jishishan Bao Tribe Dongxiu Mulla Autonomous Prefecture in Linxia Hui Autonomous Prefecture, Gansu Province, China, and speak the Baoan language. Hui who speaks Kangjia language... Lives in Jianzha County, Huangnan Tribal Autonomous Prefecture, Qinghai Province, China, and speaks Kangjia language. Eastern Yugurian-Speaking Yugur... Lives in Sunan Yugu Autonomous County, Gansu Province, China, and speaks Eastern Yugurian. The Tu people live in Mutual Tribe Autonomous County and Minhe Hui Tribe Autonomous County in Qinghai Province, China, and speak the Mongwol language. Oirats (Kalmyks): People who live in parts of Qinghai, China, northern Xinjiang, and the Republic of Kalmykia in the Russian Federation, and speak the Oirat (Kalmyk) language. Mogol people: They live in the mountainous areas around Herat province in the northwestern part of Afghanistan and speak the Mogol language.

Distribution

Outer Mongolia (Mongolia)

'Outer Mongolia', which corresponds to present-day Mongolia, is a name given during the Qing Dynasty along with 'Inner Mongolia', and is still a term used worldwide today (called Outer Mongolia in English). However, this term from the perspective of the Qing dynasty was disliked by the Mongolians, who called themselves 'Northern (Al) Mongolia'. It is also called "Khalkha Mongolia" because nearly 80% of the country is occupied by Mongolian ethnic groups called Khalkha. Mongolia is the only independent Mongolian state in the world, with a population of 2.56 million (2005), of which nearly 80% are Khalkha Mongols, and the remaining 20% ​​are 16 other Mongol and Turkic ethnic groups. resides in Khalkha Mongolian is the standard language, and the script has been Cyrillic since 1941, but after democratization there is a movement to revive the ancient vertical Mongolian script.

Inner Mongolia (Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, China)

The Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, which is now Chinese territory, was called "Inner Mongolia" during the Qing Dynasty, and was originally the center of the Mongol Empire (Hokuyuan) and the territory controlled by the Chahar Mongols. Since then, it has been Chinese territory. It is still called "Inner Mongolia" today, but for the reasons mentioned above, Mongolian