Nagoya Castle is one of the Japanese castles. It is located in Nagoya, Aichi-gun, Owari Province (currently Meijo, Honmaru, Kita-ku, Naka-ku, Nagoya-shi, Aichi). It has the nicknames "Meijo", "Kinkojo", and "Kinjo". It has been selected as one of the 100 Fine Castles of Japan and has been designated as a national special historic site.
History / History
Warring States period
The origin of Nagoya Castle is said to be the "Yanaginomaru" built by Imagawa Ujichika in the first half of the 16th century to advance into Owari. It is believed that this castle was later located in the Ninomaru area of Nagoya Castle.
In 1538 (7th year of Tenbun), Nobuhide Oda took it from Imagawa Ujitoyo and renamed it Nakono Castle. Nobuhide lived in this castle for a while, and around 1542 Nobuhide moved to Kowatari Castle, and Nobunaga Castle became Nobunaga's residence (it was once said that Nobunaga was born in Nakono Castle after seizing the castle in 1532). , In recent years, the theory that it was born in Shobata Castle because of the above is predominant). In 1555 (the first year of Koji), Nobunaga moved to Kiyosu Castle (Kiyosu Castle), and after that he was given to his uncle Nobunaga but was killed by his vassals, so his vassal Hayashi Hidesada eventually abandoned the castle. ..
Kiyosu Castle has been the center of Owari for a long time, but due to the political situation after the Battle of Sekigahara and the problem of the topography of Kiyosu, which is vulnerable to flood damage, Ieyasu Tokugawa became the Owari clan of Yoshinao Kyuo in 1609 (Keicho 14). It was decided to build a castle in Nagoya as the residence of. In February 1610 (Keicho 15th year), while Toyotomi Hideyori was still in Osaka Castle, the construction of the castle was started with the help of the Western lords.
Five people, including Tadashi Takigawa, Masami Sakuma, and Masaru Makicho, were appointed to the Fushin Bugyo for the construction and leveling. Ishigaki was built by the division of various daimyo, and the castle tower Ishigaki, which required the most advanced technology, was built by Kiyomasa Kato as a general contractor. In addition to Kiyomasa Kato, Hirotaka Terazawa, Tadaoki Hosokawa, Takamasa Mouri, Masatoshi Ikoma, Nagamasa Kuroda, Nobutoshi Kinoshita, Masanori Fukushima, Terumasa Ikeda, Katsushige Nabeshima, Hidetsugu Mouri, Yoshiaki Kato, etc. Asano Yoshinaga, Tanaka Tadamasa, Yamauchi Tadayoshi, Takenaka Shigetoshi, Inaba Norimichi, Hachisuka Shizhen, Kanamori Kaju, Maeda Toshimitsu's foreign lords stamped the stones to bear the stone wall construction, and a total of 5.58 million construction officers The castle tower was completed by my husband at the end of August, and most of the stone walls were piled up around September, and the late part was completed by the end of the same year.
After the construction, nine people, including Nagayasu Okubo and Seiichi Kobori, were in charge of the construction work, and Masakiyo Nakai was in charge of the carpenter's head, but Masakiyo at that time was also in charge of the construction of the Dairi and Hokoji Daibutsuden. , Masakiyo's Tedaishu supervised the scene. Lumber is procured in parallel with the construction work, and full-scale construction work begins in June 1612 (Keicho 17). However, the construction of the castle tower, which Ieyasu ordered to be completed before the palace, was in danger of being completed by winter, when the procurement of lumber was delayed and wall painting would be hindered. For this reason, Masakiyo temporarily summoned carpenters from the inner lining and the Great Buddha Hall, and also went to Nagoya to carry out rush work. As a result, after a bid for hardware for the castle tower was held in late August, the pending wall painting work was completed in early November, and the upper building ceremony was held on the 21st, and the castle tower was completed by the end of the year. The assembly work took less than three months from the time of bidding for hardware, and was completed in a short period of time. The construction of the Honmaru Palace began in the New Year of the same year and was completed in February 1615 (the first year of Genna).
Then, in April 1615, after the siege of Osaka, a wedding ceremony was held between Yoshinao and Asano Yoshinaga's daughter, Haruhime, and Ieyasu also attended it from Suruga.