Tondabayashi Temple Uchimachi
Tondabayashi Terauchi Town (Tondabayashi Jinaicho, Tondabayashi Jinaimachi) is a Tondabayashi town located in Tondabayashi City, Osaka Prefecture. It is known that the townscape from the Edo period to the early Showa period remains. One of the "Important Traditional Buildings Preservation District" of the country and "100 Best Roads in Japan" selected by the former Ministry of Construction.
Tondabayashi Town is located in the center of Tondabayashi City, which is located in the southeastern part of Osaka Prefecture. The town division of the early modern period is left on the plateau, which is one step higher than the surrounding area. The border with the surrounding lowlands has a wide doi, and bamboo bushes are left on a part of the slope, and the border area can be seen from the place facing Ishikawa in the south. On both sides of the orderly street in the doi, there are a series of white-walled storehouses in the style of Kawachi and private houses made of lattices, creating a historic cityscape. The division of the town is called Rokusuji Nanamachi, and Rokusuji is a street in the north-south direction. The seven towns are Ichiriyama-cho, Toyama-cho, Kita-kaisho-cho, Minami-kaisho-cho, Sakai-cho, Gobo-cho, and Hayashi-cho in order from the north.
Many townhouses still remain, and in October 1997, it was selected as the only national "Important Traditional Buildings Preservation District" in Osaka Prefecture. In addition, the castle gate (city road Tondabayashi Route 6), which runs north-south through the center of Jinai-cho, was designated as an "autonomous city of the early modern period" on August 10, 1986, based on its historical and friendship. It has also been selected as one of the "100 Best Roads in Japan" established by the former Ministry of Construction and the "Road Day" executive committee.
In the 3rd year of Eiroku (1560) at the end of the Warring States period, the 16th generation of the Honganji family, Koshoji Temple, Shoshu, purchased the rough turf on the riverbank hill on the west side of Ishikawa for 100 kanbun. It was a religiously autonomous city developed around the Ikko-shu Koshoji Temple Betsuin. With the cooperation of "Hachijinshu" in the four surrounding villages (Nakano, Shindo, Ebitani, Yamachuda), the development of turf, the construction of Mido (Koshoji Betsuin), the fields, mansions, and towns. It is said that it begins with the change to Tondabayashi after making a split, etc.
Although it is described as above in the history book, it is not possible to obtain firm credibility because the history book is a compilation of the Edo period.
Due to this achievement, the eight people became senior citizens and self-governed Jinaicho. At the time of the Ishiyama battle between Oda Nobunaga and Ishiyama Hongan-ji, he was not on the side of Honganji and Gobo, so he obtained a letter from Nobunaga saying "Terauchi Nobunaga, Unusable Betsujo". Keeped me calm. However, in recent years, it has been suggested that there were Gobo and moderate groups inside Jinaicho.
After the end of the Ishiyama War, he obtained a letter from Nobunaga Oda again, but denied Terauchi-cho because it stated "Tondabayashi, Nouchi, Ishikawa-gun, Hezhou".
It should be noted that the exact denial has been pointed out since Toyotomi Hideyoshi became a kurairichi in 1584.
During the Edo period, it became a public ceremonial fee, prospered as a hometown, and was a commercial center in Minamikawachi. The brewing industry was also thriving. At the end of the Tokugawa shogunate, autonomy was carried out by a large group of 19 people (influential tradesmen such as the Sugiyama family, Nakamura family, and Okutani family).
The structural features of Tondabayashi Jinai-cho are that it is surrounded by a doi, that it has gates at the entrances and exits on all sides, that the block is a grid pattern, and that it is a development root temple in the center.