November 30, 2021
Kruševac is a town in the town of Kruševac in the valley of West Pomoravlje, on the river Rasina in the Rasina district.
Krusevac is the economic, administrative, cultural, health, educational, informational and sports center of the Rasina district. The city of Kruševac covers 101 settlements and covers an area of 854 km². Krusevac was the medieval capital of Prince Lazar.
It is located in the Kruševac valley, which includes the composite valley of the West Morava, and stretches between Levča and Temnić in the north, Župa, Kopaonik and Jastrebac in the south, and the Kraljevo valley and the Ibar valley in the west.
Krusevac is located at 137 meters above sea level, at coordinates 43 ° 34 ′ 60 "north and 21 ° 19 ′ 36" east.
Kruševac was built as his capital by Prince Lazar in 1371. It was first mentioned in 1387, in a charter by which Prince Lazar confirmed his earlier trade privileges to the people of Dubrovnik in his fortified capital. The city became the economic and cultural center of Serbia. The place from which it was managed and which gave the initiative for the organization of the state.
The legend says that Kruševac was named after the stone pear, a round river stone with which the city was mostly built.
After the Battle of Kosovo, Krusevac became the capital of vassal Serbia, ruled by Milica, and later by her and Lazar's son, Despot Stefan, who later moved the capital to Belgrade. The Turks attacked Kruševac several times and conquered it only in 1426, before the death of despot Stefan. Since 1444, Kruševac has been in the hands of the despot Đurđe Branković, and the Turks finally enslaved it in 1454. That year, the Turkish sultan, traveling to Serec (today Sofia), took 50,000 Serbs from Krusevac, 4,000 of whom he sent to Istanbul. At that time it had the Turkish name Aladza Hisar (Colorful City). The time of peace under the Turks was from 1480 to 1670. During the Great Viennese War in 1689, the city was liberated from the Turks. This happened two more times in the 18th century: 1737-1739. year and during Kočina Krajina, 1789. The city was returned to the Turks in 1791, by the Peace of Svishtov. Krusevac was finally liberated from the Turks in 1833. After the liberation, the city began to develop and progress rapidly, and became one of the larger regional centers of the then Serbia.
The first pharmacy in Kruševac, and the third in Serbia, was opened in 1868 by Dragoslav Kedrović (1839—1907). It is in Krusevac