November 30, 2021
Senta (Hungarian: Zenta) is a town in Serbia, in the municipality of Senta, in the North Banat District. According to the 2011 census, there were 18,704 inhabitants.
In the middle course of the Tisza through the Republic of Serbia, on the very bank of the river, lies one of the oldest cities in Vojvodina - Senta, the center of the municipality with populated places: Gornji Breg, Tornjoš, Kevi and Bogaraš. According to the 2002 census, Senta has 20,363, while the Municipality of Senta has 25,619 inhabitants.
Here is the Tourist Organization of the Municipality of Senta.
Senta grew up around the monastery. It was first mentioned in 1216 and developed thanks to its convenient geographical position, at an important crossing over the Tisza River. It has been the property of the Archbishop of Buda since the 14th century. In 1506 it became a free royal city. In the war between Austria and Turkey, one of Austria's greatest victories was the Battle of Senta on September 11, 1697 ("Vienna was saved at Senta").
After the Serbian border guards from the Potisko-Pomorskie border in 1742 mostly emigrated to Russia in the 18th and 19th centuries, Senta was inhabited by Hungarians, Slovaks, Germans and Jews, and between the two world wars and after 1945 by Serbs, Montenegrins and other peoples. . The port of Senj, 124 km from the confluence of the Tisza and the Danube, was one of the most important in the area of the manor.
According to the census of the place of the Push of the Military Border from 1748, there were 191 border guards on horseback in Senta, and all of them were in active service. Of these, 46 had complete military equipment, and the remaining 85 partial. The staff consisted of six officers, led by Lieutenants Jovan Badrljica and Djuk (George) Popovic. Ensign Neša Milinović is also there. There were also infantry stationed in the place, 202 of them infantry. There were 64 of them outside the permanent service, and 70 fully armed border guards with full weapons. At the head of the unit was Major Marko Markovic, with Captain-Lieutenant George Golub, Lieutenant Konstantin Milinovic and Ensign Ignjat Vrsic. When the declaration of the border officers was made in November 1750, the following decided on the provincial status: the master of craftsmanship as captain Marko Markovic, lieutenant captain Djordje Golub, hadnaji Subota Suljin and Jovan Paderlik, flag bearers Nesko Milinovic and Ignjat Vujicic. Officers loyal to Austria were rewarded with Hungarian nobility and landed property. That's how they got in Senta: you