Dnipro State Medical University
August 8, 2022
Dnipro State Medical University is one of the oldest higher educational institutions in Ukraine. It was founded on September 15, 1916 on the basis of the Katerynoslav Higher Women's Course. The status of the university dates back to 1920. The structure of the university includes 6 faculties (three medical, dental, faculty of foreign students, and faculty of postgraduate education), where more than 4,500 students and trainee doctors study. 646 teachers work at 59 departments, of which 98 are doctors of science and 359 are candidates of science. In total, more than 1,100 employees work at the university. 42 clinical departments are located on the bases of 28 hospitals and use more than 15,000 hospital beds. 29 specialized centers are organized on the clinical bases of the university. The university occupies an area of 85 hectares. It has 8 educational buildings with a total area of 52,000 m², which house 608 classrooms, offices and laboratories. 2,849 students and trainee doctors live in 7 dormitories with an area of 46,000 m². The university has at its disposal a sports complex, a vivarium, a sanatorium-prophylactic, a sports and health camp, a scientific library, a Technocenter and two museums.