Sikorsky Mikhail Ivanovich
| Father | Position | Children | Mother | Wife
Mykhailo Ivanovych Sikorsky (October 13, 1923 (1923-10-13), Chyhyryn, Cherkasy District, Kyiv Province, Ukrainian SSR, USSR - September 27, 2011 (2011-09-27), Pereyaslav-Khmelnytsky, Kyiv Region, Ukraine) - Ukrainian historian and culturologist, director of the Pereyaslav-Khmelnytsky Historical Museum (1951–1979), Pereyaslav National Historical and Ethnographic Reserve (1979–2008), and from 2008 until his death was honorary general director of the Pereyaslav National Historical and Ethnographic Reserve. Honored Worker of Culture of Ukraine, Associate Professor of History and Culture of Ukraine Pereyaslav-Khmelnytsky State Pedagogical Institute named after GS Skovoroda. Author of 130 scientific papers and publications, including 12 books and monographs.
Mykhailo Ivanovych Sikorsky was born on October 13, 1923, in the Ukrainian city of Chyhyryn, which was then part of the Kyiv Province, the Ukrainian SSR, and the USSR in a family of workers. Mykhailo Ivanovych had two brothers: Ivan and Oleksandr and a sister Maria. The children's father, Ivan Ivanovich, died in 1930, when Mykhailo was only seven years old, and his mother, Marfa Musiivna, three years later, in 1933. After the death of Mikhail's parents, he was sent to an orphanage with his brothers and sister.
In Chyhyryn, the young man graduated from the 8th grade of the local secondary school № 1, and later, from 1939, he studied at the Zaporizhzhya Aviation College named after KE Voroshilov (now - Zaporizhzhya Aviation College named after OG Ivchenko), which he graduated in 1943 in Omsk , where at the beginning of World War II the school was evacuated. After graduation, Sikorsky was left in college as an instructor. He was awarded two medals for good work at the PI Baranov Omsk Aviation Plant and at the technical school.
In 1946–1951, Mykhailo Sikorsky studied at the Faculty of History of the Taras Shevchenko Kyiv State University. After graduating from school, Mikhail Ivanovich was appointed director of the Pereyaslav-Khmelnytsky Historical Museum. In 1966, by the Decree of the Presidium of the Verkhovna Rada of the Ukrainian SSR, Mykhailo Sikorsky was awarded by the Decree of the Presidium of the Verkhovna Rada of the Ukrainian SSR