Church of St. Michael the Archangel (Oats)
October 25, 2021
The Church of St. Michael the Archangel is a parish and church of the Greek Catholic community of the Koziv Deanery of the Ternopil-Zboriv Archdiocese of the Ukrainian Greek Catholic Church in the village of Vivsia, Ternopil District, Ternopil Oblast. History of the church The Church of St. Michael the Archangel was built between 1810 and 1870. The church was consecrated by Fr. Joseph Makogonsky. The iconostasis was renewed during 1995 by the carver and artist Opryshko. The founder was Mr. Talishevska from the USA. The parish was founded in 1818. Until 1946 it belonged to the UGCC. In 1946 the parish and the church moved to the ROC. For Fr. On November 21, 1994, Bishop Mykhailo Koltun consecrated the cornerstone for the construction of a new church. Under the leadership of Fr. Ivan Kozlyk in 1997, the parishioners began construction of a new church. In the parish there are: Altar and Mary's wives, the community "Mothers in Prayer". On the territory of the parish there is a cross in honor of the abolition of serfdom. The parish owns the estate.